Funded by the San Francisco Department of Public Health with Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) funds, the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Program (part of the Division of Peer-Based Services at RAMS) offers training and education opportunities for individuals and family members of individuals that have accessed behavioral health services, who are providing--or are interested in providing--peer counseling, advocacy and support services in the community behavioral health field in San Francisco.
In addition to the flagship Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Entry Course that has been offered in partnership with San Francisco State University Department of Counseling since 2010, RAMS has designed its Advanced Course to empower and educate individuals who are currently providing counseling, support services and/or advocacy in the community--or possess relevant training, volunteer and/or educational experience--who would like to obtain specialized training and professional development opportunities in a collaborative learning environment.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are at least 18 years of age and a resident of San Francisco
- Have successfully completed at least a High School education or GED
- Are able to attend 8 weeks of classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays (3PM-6PM) from June 19th - August 9th, 2018 @ SFSU Downtown Campus, 835 Market St
- This program is funded by the San Francisco Department of Public Health with Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) funds. As such, the course is targeted to individuals (or family members of individuals) that have experience with and/or have accessed behavioral health services.
- Individuals with current or past work experience, education, and/or training (including volunteer and advocacy work) in peer counseling and the behavioral health services field are highly encouraged to apply!
Application and Course Timeline:
Monday, April 23rd, 2018: Application Release
Friday, May 4th @ 10AM-12PM: Informational Program Open House
Tuesday, May 29th @ 5PM: Application Submission Deadline
Wednesday, June 6th: Notification of Application Status
Tuesday, June 19th, 2018: First Day of Instruction
Attached are the RAMS Summer 2018 Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Advanced Course Brochure, Application Form, and Informational Open House Flyer.
Please feel free to contact Program Manager, Kristin Snell, at (415) 579-3021 x102, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or would like any additional information. Materials are also available for download at: http://www.ramsinc.org/peer.php.
We look forward to receiving applications for the Summer 2018 class, and beginning another great cohort!