Funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Entry Course provides a 12-week long training for consumers of behavioral health services or their family members who are interested in becoming peer counselors/peer specialists in the field of community behavioral health. Having already successfully completed 11 cohort cycles, this course has had 150 graduates, the majority of whom are actively engaging in work, volunteer, and educational opportunities as a direct result of taking the course. This program is free of cost for the attendee, with books and materials included, and a modest stipend is provided upon completion of the course.
We are looking for individuals who:
• are at least 18 years old residents of San Francisco
• have completed at least a high school level education or GED
• are current or past consumers of behavioral health services and/or family members of consumers
• are interested in helping others in the community behavioral health setting
Application and course timeline is as follows:
• Thursday, January 14th - Application Release (click HERE for the application)
• Wednesday, January 27th & Monday, February 1st 10am-12pm - Optional Informational Open Houses (see FLYER HERE for details)
• Friday, February 19th @ 5:00pm - Application Deadline
• Week of March 1st - Notification of Application Status
• Friday, March 11th - Registration Forms Due for Accepted Applicants
• Tuesday, March 22nd – First Day of Class
• Thursday, June 9th - Graduation Ceremony
Please feel free to contact us at (415) 579-3021 x102 or email@example.com should you have any questions. Materials are also available for download at: http://www.ramsinc.org/peer.php.
We look forward to receiving applications for the Spring 2016 class, and beginning another great cohort!
To view the flyers below, right-click and select any option to "Open".