Funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Entry Course provides a 12-week long training for consumers of behavioral health services or their family members who are interested in becoming peer counselors/peer specialists in the field of community behavioral health. Having already successfully completed 12 cohort cycles, this course has had over 160 graduates, the majority of whom are actively engaging in work, volunteer, and educational opportunities as a direct result of taking the course. This program is free of cost for the attendee, with books and materials included, and a modest stipend is provided upon completion of the course.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are at least 18 years of age and a resident of San Francisco,
- Have successfully completed at least a High School education or GED, and
- Are able to attend 12 weeks of classes, which will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays (10am-2pm).
- This program is funded by MHSA through San Francisco Behavioral Health Services. As such, the course is targeted to individuals (or family members) with personal experience with behavioral health services.
Application and Course Timeline:
- Wednesday, July 6th - Application Release
- Tuesday, July 19th & Thursday, July 21st, 10am-12pm - Optional Informational Open Houses (see Flyer Here for details)
- Wednesday, August 10th @ 5:00pm - Application Deadline
- Week of August 22nd - Notification of Application Status
- Tuesday, September 6th - Registration Forms Due for Accepted Applicants
- Tuesday, September 13th – First Day of Class
- Thursday, December 8th - Graduation Ceremony
We look forward to receiving applications for the Fall 2016 class, and beginning another great cohort!
To view the flyers below, right-click and select any option to "Open".