Funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA), the Peer Specialist Mental Health Certificate Program provides a 12-week long training for consumers of behavioral health services or family members who are interested in becoming peer counselors/peer specialists in the field of community behavioral health.
- at least 18 years old
- residents of San Francisco
- have completed at least a high school level education or GED
- current or past consumers of behavioral health services and/or family members
- interested in helping others in the community behavioral health setting
Application and course timeline is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 7th - Application Release
- Tuesday, January 21st - Optional Program Open House (see image below for details)
- Friday, February 14th @ 5:00pm - Application Deadline
- Week of March 10th - Notification of Application Status
- Friday, March 21st - Registration Forms Due for accepted applicants
- Tuesday, April 1st - 1st Day of Class
- Thursday, June 19th - Graduation Ceremony
Please feel free to contact Program Coordinator, Shana Averbach, LMFT at (415) 668-5955 x386 or email@example.com should you have any questions.
Program brochures & application forms are also available for download at: http://www.ramsinc.org/peer.php
We look forward to receiving the applications, Spring 2014 class, and beginning of another great cohort!